Sign on Bonus $1,500
Housing resources available
Facilitates and supports the overall administration of state-mandated testing including alternative assessments, other formal and informal assessments, and tools for Marie Philip School and Walden School. Work closely with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction to align support for teachers and specialists to track, analyze, and interpret student scores and raw data. Along with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, the Coordinator provides supports to teachers, the literacy coach/specialist, and ensures data findings align with the MA curriculum frameworks. Supports all aspects of educational services for students in off-site mainstream classes in collaboration with our interpreting team and our Assessment and Mainstream Assistant.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with school, state, and federal policies and procedures, as well as support the mission of the school.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the MA Curriculum Frameworks and MCAS procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the diversity among individual students.
- Maintain student and staff confidentiality.
Data & Assessment Coordinator Role:
- Maintain a working knowledge of educational assessments used by classroom teachers at the Marie Philip and Walden Schools, and support Principals and Teachers in interpreting these academic assessments.
- Oversee the administration of MCAS and ACCESS testing at Marie Philip and Walden School. Compare MCAS data with other classroom/school-wide assessments (e.g., NWEA MAP assessment).
- Ensure Marie Philip and Walden School compliance with DESE requirements regarding MCAS and ACCESS testing, as well as state testing requirements for out-of-state students.
- Communicates assessment progress, identified needs to staff, LEAs, and families
- To measure the impact of instruction on student achievement of intended learning outcomes.
- Provide training for teaching staff to inform practice.
- Support staff in MCAS/MCAS Alternative Assessment and MAP testing administration.
- Support the ordering and organization of MCAS materials, set up rooms for testing, schedule MCAS volunteers (e.g., hall monitors).
- Access MCAS, MCAS Alt, and ACCESS results from the DESE website and enter results into the academic database.
- Maintain evidence and reports pertaining to assessment data and identify gaps in student assessment.
- Develop and execute an annual testing calendar.
- Create monthly reports on assessment activities on campus to the supervisor.
Mainstream Coordinator Role:
- Collaborate with students, families, MPS/WS Teachers, the Interpreter Coordinator as well as outside providers (e.g., public school staff) to provide ongoing and appropriate support to MPS/WS students who are mainstreaming in the local public schools.
- Support ongoing communication with the TLC interpreting team, mainstream coordinator, public school teachers, and MPS/WS teaching staff. At least quarterly, contact with families in order to improve planning and communication related to students taking mainstream classes.
- Performs other tasks, as directed by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**TLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, and any other legally protected characteristic.
**TLC embraces and celebrates a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and reasonable accommodations and modifications will be made whenever possible.