Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a Top 10 Software Development organization in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list for 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
Binary Defense has an open position for a Senior SOC Splunk Analyst. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, monitoring for security threats across multiple customer environments, provide relevant and actionable information to Binary Defense’s customers allowing them to make critical decisions to best protect their organizations. The primary SIEM to be used will be Splunk but others can and may be utilized as well.
Sr. SOC Analysts will work closely with our clients, other SOC analysts, their Shift Leads, and the SOC Manager to ensure proper monitoring and analysis. The candidate must demonstrate intuitive problem-solving skills, have proficient information security knowledge, as well as a strong broad technical background regarding Splunk.
• Triage, analyze, and escalate initial Level 1 and 2 responses for security events as specific to each clients’ playbook.
• Work with clients to identify false positives and make tuning suggestions
• Assist with identifying and creating new processes and playbooks for security events
• Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to strict service level agreement requirements
• Have a high level of experience monitoring Splunk from a security standpoint; familiarity with Splunk Enterprise Security for event investigation
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux/Unix/macOS) is a plus
• Due to ever changing customer demands and current state of operations, the candidate we are looking for is willing to work flexible hours; our shifts may change and sometimes with short notice.
• Other duties, as assigned by direct manager
• Hands on experience in monitoring Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security within a professional environment
• Strong and demonstrable knowledge in various areas of information security and their best practices. Current working knowledge of threats and how to detect them would be ideal.
• Solid foundation of IT knowledge and familiarity with system administration of Windows and various networking technologies.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills