SUMMARY: Computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial reports; performs day-to-day general accounting functions.
- Assists in month-end close process including, but not limited to, preparing journal entries, ensuring data is properly recorded to provide accurate costing of departmental activities.
- Prepares detailed account analysis reconciliations for validating general ledger balances.
- Generates budget variance reports and distributes to Managers.
- Analyzes, and prepares periodic financial reports for timely distribution to management.
- Prepares bank reconciliations, performs daily banking procedures.
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules, including tagging and periodic physical inventories, prepares annual property tax returns.
- Approves monthly sales tax returns.
- Prepares (by matching to receivers) merchandise invoices for payment, enters manual payments, input vouchers in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to secure proper documentation.
- Processes accounts payable checks in a timely manner (taking into account any available discounts).
- Maintains accounts payable files and records and completes credit applications as needed.
- Distributes monthly credit card spreadsheets, checks account coding and business purpose for accuracy, uploads spreadsheets to Great Plains general ledger.
- Provides backup for accounts receivable functions including but not limited to applying payments to appropriate accounts, monthly invoicing, reconciling customer accounts, and
handling customer inquiries.
- Maintains storage of all accounting records.
- Assists with budget uploads and balancing.
- Assists with annual external audits.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, and two to four years related experience or equivalent. Has passed or planning to sit for the CPA Exam preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. High level of knowledge in Excel.
- Proficient with Accounting Software. Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Ability to keep up with fast-paced, multi-company Accounting environment.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to interact positively with diverse individuals at all levels of the company.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Analyze financial and statistical data.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy.
- Data Input / Extensive Computer Work
- Ability to work in an open work environment.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.