I. Job Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge and greet guests
- Perform job responsibilities with a creative flair that elevates the exhibition narrative
- Provide guests with information about ticketing, rules, upcoming events, Meow Wolf history and more
- Deliver a memorable guest experience through exceptional customer service
- Process ticketing and merchandise transactions
- Monitor crowds and assist with crowd control to ensure the safety of guests and staff
- Respond to a variety of guest inquiries
- Report emergencies to the manager
- Respond to injuries and emergencies appropriately
- Clean designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning etc), which may include accidental spills or uncontrolled bodily fluids
- Collaborate with other team members to keep the exhibition clean and organized at all times
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
II. Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate with others to exchange information
- Learn and operate ticketing and point of sale systems
- Follow and enforce safety rules
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
- Adaptable to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment.
III. a. Required Qualifications:
- Strong service skills and welcoming demeanor required
- Basic computer skills
- An interest in the arts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
b. Desired Qualifications:
- Prior work experience in a retail, museum, park, recreation facility, or other public space
- Prior experience with point of sale systems
- Hidden talents that can be employed as part of the persona including singing, dancing, magic, comedy, conversationalist, impersonator or otherwise
- Bilingual, especially but not limited to English and Spanish
Desired Characteristics and Qualities for all Team Members:
- Embrace and exemplify Meow Wolf Culture
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest experience
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times
- Be a “People Person” - friendly, understanding, compassionate, positive
IV. Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position works primarily in an indoor setting with exposure to noisy environments, dim lighting, strong visual effects including strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/or enclosed spaces.
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Positioning or moving objects up to 20 pounds
The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
V. Work Schedule
This is a part time position with a flexible schedule which includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays. Overtime may be expected during peak business periods.
VI. Supervisory Responsibility
This position does not require supervisory responsibility
Travel is not required for this position
VIII. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meow Wolf truly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.