Cutting Edge Fabrication seeks a highly motivated individual experienced in estimating welding processes and fabrication operations. You will take charge of weldment and fabrication projects assigned to you, accurately identifying labor, material, time requirements, and cost by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Responsibilities include customer and vendor engagement, delivering exceptional customer service, problem-solving, project deadline management, maintaining cost records and documentation. This cost estimator position is an excellent opportunity for that self-motivated person.
In this job you will be responsible for the following:
• Engage and understand customer expectations
• Work with vendors to meet material and cost requirements
• Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
• Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Professionally prepare numeric and descriptive estimates
• Assist in maintaining cost database
• Other duties as required
• JobBoss experience is a plus
Required skills and experiences include:
• Excellent math skills
• Blueprint reading including GD&T
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Data analysis and statistical aptitude
• Excellent time management skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Read and understand job routings
The employee must perform the following duties either unaided or with reasonable accommodations - sit for long periods at a time, stand, walk, move from place to place, talk and listen, and frequently use hands to finger, handle, or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Cutting Edge Fabrication is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Cutting Edge Fabrication
Cutting Edge Fabrication (CEF) is an ISO 9001:2015 certified metal fabrication company specializing in welding medium to large metal structures and components. CEF fabrication services include welding, metal forming, metal bending, state-of-the-art plate cutting, laser cutting, plasma cutting, oxy-fuel cutting, shearing, high-performance production sawing, precision CNC machining, complete assembly, and quality inspection. The company has been conducting business since 1990 in Milwaukee, WI.