The responsibility of the technical project manager is to develop and deliver projects on time and under budget using clear and timely communication with team members and clients. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project.
• Ensure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, budget, dependencies, risks and issues.
• Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
• Manage project scope and changes.
• Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution, both internal and external.
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, and critical path deliverables.
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with the client project contacts.
• Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical/business field.
• 2+ years of experience in project management.
• Experience developing and implementing project management concept, artifacts, and methods from scratch.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Adept to project and change management.
• Excellent written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
• Certifications in Project Management a plus.
• Experience in one or more of the following preferred, not required: Manufacturing systems, Real estate systems, health care systems, ERP systems or CRM systems.
• Strong familiarity with project management software such as Microsoft Project or JIRA.