Delaney Hardware is a leading provider of premium builder hardware for residential homes, multi-family buildings, and commercial projects. With comprehensive, stylish collections that combine superior finishes and smooth mechanics, Delaney’s unwavering commitment to value, quality, and exceptional service distinguishes it from the rest of the industry. As part of the Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) family of brands, Delaney offers a full portfolio of hardware including door hardware, digital locks, barn door hardware, bath accessories, commercial hardware, trim hardware, and steel doors and frames.
Delaney is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations. Must be a champion of the Delaney Hardware corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our Team.
The Warehouse Manager will lead our warehouse operations, including shipping, receiving, transportation and logistics, inventory control, safety, and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate is willing to go above and beyond to maintain Delaney’s customer service standards, with a hands-on approach and a talent for team leadership and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, hiring, training, developing, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Cross-trains and identifies back-up for all key positions. Prepares and delivers annual performance reviews.
• Ensures objectives, goals, and deadlines are met. Personally contributes to the team effort to meet our customer service levels. Fosters an environment of engagement and accountability. Creates, manages, and supports employee recognition programs.
• Ensures that safety is the first priority for all associates. Implements and directs safety programs and ensures OSHA compliance.
• Communicates policies to the team and acts as the primary information source – maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed. Stays abreast of all federal, state and local laws.
• Ensures procedures are followed for building security and loss prevention.
• Conducts physical cycle counts and reconciles inventory with ERP system.
• Leads continuous improvement activities. Implements Lean methods to eliminate waste and improve efficiency. Develops work standards, SOPs, and KPIs.
• Schedules the necessary trucking to ensure timely delivery of orders to our customers.
• Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
• Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications and seals truck doors.
• Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well-maintained. Plans and implements design layouts, inspects equipment, issues work worders for repair, and requisitions for replacement of equipment and infrastructure.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of Distribution experience required with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
• Proven ability to lead and direct staff. Adept at motivating others in a deadline-driven environment. Delivers results.
• Able to analyze data and dive deep to develop creative and workable business solutions.
• Skilled at developing, implementing, monitoring, tracking, and improving KPIs. Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements.
• Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to handle difficult conversations with team members, customers, and other employees.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience with ERP systems required.
• NetSuite experience is a plus.
• Experience in Lean and/or continuous improvement environments utilizing tools such as Kaizen, Kanban, visual workplace, 5S, etc. strongly preferred.
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
• Experience with e-commerce, LTL, and small parcel shipments.
• Bilingual: Spanish is a plus.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to access and navigate the warehouse facility.
• Must be able to lift 49 pounds at a time.
Delaney is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status.