This role will encompass all supply chain functions of planning and procuring material for high mix / low volume, custom parts and assemblies in a highly regulated industry. Responsible for continuously improving the forecasting, planning, and buying process while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Using internal reporting and information regarding current inventory levels, sales demand, and production capabilities, this position drives daily and weekly production schedules aimed at optimizing inventory levels that meet evolving customer expectations. This function is highly analytic in nature (such as make vs. buy study) and requires a strategic ability to collaborate with others. Individual must thrive in high stress environment, enjoy complex challenges, and work productively to find the best possible solution.
1. Maintains bills of material, routing sequencing, and other item information within the ERP system to ensure accurate information is informing decisions throughout the production effort.
2. Strong understanding of multilevel BOM’s, with proper loading and planning in ERP system.
3. Responsible for managing on time release of manufactured, and production parts.
4. Work with production to optimize resources, manage allocation of parts to meet monthly revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
5. Work closely with master scheduler to evenly load AFD forecast model.
6. Evaluate the Open Order reports in ERP system and determine firm demand orders and due dates.
7. Acquire a deep understanding of demand drivers and ensure schedule is calibrated accordingly.
8. Monitor inventory levels, risks, and shortages and work to eliminate constraints/issues.
9. Create the Material Order in the system to support sales order, MPS, warranty, and MRO demand based on product code and business unit assignments.
10. Attend daily operations meetings for real-time shipping updates, shortages, and other updates.
11. Plans and manages Outside process requirements as assigned.
12. Release orders in ERP and communicate priorities with logistics.
13. Attend daily shipping meeting at dock to ensure priorities are understood and identify any shipping delays.
14. At times, will be asked to work with logistics to ensure timely delivery of kits and finished parts (physically assist with kitting and cycle count needs).
15. Adjust material as situation changes such as scrap, engineering changes and other needs.
16. Mentor junior Buyer/Planners to enhance their skills and familiarity with tools.
1. Evaluate purchasing demands, lead times and production dates to determine when and quantity to purchase.
2. Deliver cost savings, lead time reduction, and quality improvements for assigned commodities, major suppliers, and part numbers.
3. Lead negotiation efforts to source and purchase high dollar parts with reasonable delivery schedules.
4. Find/source alternate materials that comply with regulatory or customer requirements.
5. Prepare quotes and purchase requisitions for approved suppliers to commit to price, quality, delivery and specifications.
6. Select the supplier, ensure the appropriate approvals and submit the purchase order that meets product requirements and company goals of low cost, high quality, and on-time-delivery.
7. Manage suppliers performance and escalate risks, delays, prices issues or quality. Challenge vendors when expectations are not met (while maintaining long term, professional relationship).
8. Work with suppliers to ensure 100% compliance with ACC terms and conditions and supplier quality handbook.
9. Calculate min/max levels to ensure triggers meet lead times and monitor actual vendor delivery performance.
10. Perform on-site visits / assessments for vendor sourcing ensuring supplier meets acceptable risk assessment score.
11. Prepare and submit NDA's and supplier surveys to qualify new and potential suppliers.
12. Attend meetings at MRB containment location to monitor issues and corrective actions and work with suppliers to resolve in a timely manner including repair and replacement activities.
13. Proficient reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, etc.
14. Retain records of purchases to ensure traceability of part to requirements for FAA and AS9100 compliance.
15. Aid Supply Chain leadership in risk assessments and mitigation plans for assigned commodities.
16. Ensure trade compliance for ACC exported products.
17. Adhere to all ACC Procurement policy and procedures.
Collaboration / Special Project and Continuous Improvement
1. Cross-departmental collaboration to find unique solutions to business needs.
2. Work with accounting to ensure invoices are reconciled and returns/repairs are credited.
3. Collaborate with production to determine resolution of Hot Items or late shipment issues.
4. Collaborate with Engineering to flow Engineering Change Orders to suppliers and ensure implementation.
5. Work with manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to grow skills and abilities.
6. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency and elevate to Manager.
7. Lead process improvement and corrective action teams internally and with suppliers.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain related field and/or professional supply chain or operations certification (ISM/APICS) or commensurate experience.
• Minimum 5 years of supply chain experience, strong preference for aviation or manufacturing industry experience.
• Planning and scheduling experience for manufacturing industry using ERP system (Quantum and Visual are a plus).
• Strong negotiation tactics – work with vendors in challenging environments.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (advanced Excel skills – Pivot Tables, vlookup abilities)
• Demand forecast modeling, build-up, and scheduling experience.
• Up to 20% travel may be required. Passport required.
• Experience with ISO or AS9100 processes and procedures.
• Bilingual in English and Mandarin preferred.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.