The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for providing technical support including designing, implementing, and optimizing algorithms for unsupervised and supervised learning on unstructured and structured data. This position will be based out of Houston and will report to the Data & Analytics Director.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and cross-functional teams to identify innovation opportunities and possible solutions.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs to develop new or improve existing workflows.
- Plan and execute the complete analytics life-cycle for problem solving, including requirements gathering, problem formulation, data grooming, data exploration, model prototyping, model validation, and algorithm productization.
- Provide expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts.
- Review and refine existing data models to continuously deliver state-of-the-art insights in existing products.
- Instrumental in helping the business continue its evolution into an analytical and data-driven culture.
- Maintain academic and industry relationships for the purposes of research; maintain expertise and awareness of cutting edge techniques, technologies and potential business solutions.
- Must be able to work in a highly interactive, cross functional, team-oriented, agile/fast paced environment.
- Experience with and deep understanding of various machine learning and data processing techniques.
- Advanced programming skills in Python and R using Machine Learning libraries like sckit-learn, MLLib, TensorFlow etc.
- Expertise with leveraging visualization BI tools, such as Spotfire/Power BI, to build out dynamic dashboards.
- Proficiency with relational databases (SQL scripting) and understanding of NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB).
- Capable of quickly adapting to changing priorities and generating innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and act as a technical lead for some of them.
- Taking actions in a self-directed manner to identify issues and make recommendations to department leadership.
- Ability to translate high level requests, questions, concerns or ideas into successful data and analytics implementations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with all levels.
- Attention to detail and passion for quality with result-oriented approach.
- Self-motivated and proactive needing minimal supervision.
- Preferred PhD or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistiscs, Computational Mathematics or related STEM field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience as a Data Scientist or Engineer demonstrating advanced programming skills.
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry and terminology is a must.
Full-Time, Exempt, Salaried
This position is not eligible for domestic relocation.
This job is predominately located in a professional office environment with occasional travel to the field operations.
This is a full-time position. Encino has a compressed work week with a “4/9/4” Work Schedule. Employees have the option to work four nine hour days with the addition of four hours each Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Encino Energy is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston. The company is committed to accumulating high potential assets in multiple U.S. basins and to enhancing returns with active discipline and technologically-driven development programs.
Encino Energy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating, and promoting applicants and its employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Encino Energy does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.