Employers Council is a Denver-based Employers Association committed to partnering with employers to grow exceptional workplaces. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational management, and human resources expertise and services, including onsite outsourced HR support for employers of all sizes. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
This position calls for a full-time, team-oriented HR-skilled individual who is willing to learn, be proficient in HR technology, and willing to work at a variety of levels of HR support. This individual will need to be able to work within a flexible work schedule that may require them to be at an employer’s worksite to provide them with HR support one day and back in the office responding to HR-related questions from members the next day. Employers Council strives to maintain a friendly and collaborative work environment and offers professional growth and development opportunities for all our employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Continually develop knowledge and proficiency in various HR disciplines to provide members with all necessary human resources consultative support
• Provide various types of temporary human resources support to member companies
• Act as members’ HR staff onsite for projects or on an ongoing temporary basis
• Conduct training classes at Employers Council offices or at member locations on a wide variety of HR related topics via both in-classroom and e-learning methodologies
• Provide advice, counsel, and recommendations to members via phone, email, or in person on a wide variety of HR-related topics
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions
• Review and recommend changes, amendments, and/or improvements to documents including employee handbooks/policy manuals, compensation plans, performance appraisal forms, and other documents
• Initiate and conduct HR consultation meetings, to include completing HR assessments, understanding the member’s immediate and long-term needs, and follow up to see that internal service referrals have been effective for the member
• Become familiar and stay current with all Employers Council member services, training schedules, special services, internet services, and internal Employers Council operations to relay information to members or potential members as needed
• Draft articles to be published in internal and external publications and draft other internal publications as needed
• Complete ongoing time accounting for member service utilization of service
• Regular and reliable attendance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• 3 - 5 years experience in multiple human resources disciplines such as payroll administration, understanding and use of HRIS systems is highly preferred, along with more general understanding of HR disciplines
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or closely related field
• HRCI or SHRM certification required or attained within one year of hire
• Additional certifications from IFEBP, World at Work, or the American Payroll Association are desired
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to work independently and execute plans to meet employers’ needs, ability to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities, ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Strong planning, time management, decision making, and organization skills
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to train and facilitate groups
• Must have reliable personal transportation, with ability to travel as needed, at times to employer locations outside of the Salt Lake City area
• Must be familiar with all state and federal laws (EEOC, compensation, FMLA, etc.)
General office environment and members’ worksites, which may include any type of industry or work environment. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status: Exempt Full-time
Starting weekly salary range: $1,244.23 - $1,523.44
Benefits: Employers Council provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Insured group health, dental, & vison plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans available
• Long-term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans
• Life, AD&D,lLong term disability plans primarily paid for by employer
• A generous mix of vacation, sick, and holiday paid days off
• Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to breastfeeding), color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class or expression protected by applicable state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.