At Brinkman Real Estate, a maintenance technician must balance hands-on repairs and maintenance with customer service. While you enjoy the hands-on work, it is your customer service that sets you apart. Your experience in maintenance, construction, or trades gives you the technical and troubleshooting skills to prioritize and execute tasks, while your customer service skills enhance the experience of your residential and commercial tenants. You bring customer service, attention to detail, and an ability to plan and execute a schedule successfully. You maintain more than a single property and property type – you maintain a growing portfolio of office, retail, and residential properties across the Front Range. You will collaborate with a team of dedicated maintenance professionals to solve problems, share knowledge, and experience to achieve a win-win outcome. You enjoy the variety of tasks and the interactions with tenants and fellow team members.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform routine maintenance and completed assigned work order across the portfolio. Complete accurate, detailed work order reports in work order tracking software (Yardi).
• Responsible for the appearance, safety, and working order of doors, windows, flooring, common areas, landscape, and building systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, roof, lighting, IT/data, interior and exterior coatings and finishes, etc.).
• Identify, report, and repair potential life safety issues. This includes regular testing of emergency egress lighting, regularly inspecting and adjusting temperature in riser rooms and mechanical closets and ensuring proper operation of emergency call equipment in areas of refuge.
• Walk properties daily to determine necessary preventative and reactive maintenance and support the porter and janitorial staff in the safe, clean, and tidy appearance of the property, both inside and out.
• Work directly with tenants and team members to diagnose, assess, and perform repairs and maintenance, and schedule third-party contractors for major repairs and maintenance when necessary.
• Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel, and follow safety protocol
• Aid in budget development and ensure it is followed by being diligent in managing resources and meeting and communicating regularly with the property manager.
• Manage and evaluate the performance of third-party vendors including trash/recycling, landscaping, snow removal, janitorial, security, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, elevator, fire alarm monitoring, fire sprinkler inspections and service, and back flow testing.
• Procure and maintain inventory of supplies and assist in locating vendors and contractors for repairs and maintenance.
• Support 24/7 on-call rotation.
Please note that due to the nature of this position and the nature of our portfolio of properties, this list is not meant to be all-inclusive.
Experience and Skills:
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and willingness to support on-call rotation, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• General troubleshooting experience in carpentry, construction, electrical, HVAC, appliance and plumbing systems, including maintenance and repair. Technical experience required in one or more of these areas.
• Knowledge and application of building codes, laws, & regulations.
• Experience operating computer and smartphone/tablet systems to maintain and track service requests, and ability to learn new systems quickly. Professional, responsible, diligent, and self-motivated with a proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Ability to safely move equipment and supplies as directed, physically capable of lifting 50 pounds and excellent manual dexterity.
• Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked.
• Physical stamina to handle a full shift of being active and working on the properties.
While this position is for our local portfolio in Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor and Denver there are rare occasions where further travel may be required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.
Brinkman conducts comprehensive background and motor vehicle record checks for all new hires.
Base Hourly Rate: $18-$24 Depending on experience
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Real Estate Services is a B-Corp Certified, community-focused, real estate development and investment company that has been creating meaningful places and shaping the real estate landscape of Colorado for 15 years. With a triple bottom line focused on people, place and prosperity, our gauge for success is rooted in the impact our projects have on families, businesses, and the environment.
We Strive to:
Be All In
Be the Change
Do the Right Thing
These core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission of using business as a force for good.
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Account, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k) with matching contributions.
Brinkman is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision making for future success.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Real Estate Services does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman.