Does visual communication and problem-solving excite you? Are you passionate about LA’s natural environment? Are you looking for school credits? Apply for an unpaid summer internship with LA’s premiere environmental nonprofit!
Who We Are
TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit that has played a leading role in mobilizing Angelenos, private businesses and government agencies to work together to support resilient urban communities capable of withstanding the mounting challenges of climate change. In 2020, with the hiring of TreePeople’s first in-house graphic designer and debut of a rebranding and new website, the nonprofit is also committed to the long term investment of beautiful, functional, human-centered design to support the reach and impact of the brand.
TreePeople’s Marketing and Communications team is looking for an individual who is seeking hands on experience to increase their knowledge in Marketing and Communications. This individual would assist our Graphic designer with various projects such as flyers, social media, website, signage, etc. Note this is a remote, unpaid internship, ideal for students seeking educational credits.
• Work under the direction of TreePeople’s in-house Graphic Designer
• Assist with cross-departmental design needs including projects with Community, Education, Policy & Research, Development, and Forestry teams
• Implement TreePeople’s style guide across a wide variety of digital and print assets, including but not limited to: promotional flyers, social media graphics, illustrations, presentation decks, posters and infographics, direct mail campaigns, website graphics, signage and wayfinding, toolkits and downloadable content, video animation, logos and identities, and more.
• Additional tasks may include assisting with various projects from the Marketing Communications team, including creating organizational systems for graphic design assets and libraries, and assisting with email marketing campaign layout
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Communications, or similar field
• Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
• Solid understanding of the elements of design, including typography, composition, hierarchy, balance, color theory, scale, texture, negative space, and gestalt/harmony
• Basic knowledge of style guides: usage, implementation, adherence to
• Interest and understanding of environmental advocacy, justice, and stewardship
• Illustration skills desired
• Experience/interest in After Effects and Premiere a plus
• Knowledge of Canva, TikTok, social media strategies, video making, Pardot/Mailchimp a plus
• Passion for nonprofit work
Benefits of Internship
• Earn school credit
• Gain firsthand experience working with an in-house creative team
• Support work that drives meaningful changes in the greater Los Angeles community
• Learn the ins-and-outs of non-profit operation