The Regional Advancement Officer is responsible for cultivating and building relationships with existing and potential AiG strategic partners/major donors for the purpose of strengthening and growing their investment in the ministry of Answers in Genesis. This position is also accountable for displaying our Core Values of SERVE internally and externally to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This officer will be located near the AiG offices in order to be able to meet and engage with supporters visiting the Ark Encounter or Creation Museum as needed. This officer will be responsible for the Midwest/Great Plains Region (KY, OH, IN, MI, IL, NE, MN, IA, ND, SD, WY, MT, ID).
Strategic Partner/Major Donor Activities
- Maintain contact and build relationships with existing strategic partners/donors in the region through phone calls, written correspondence and personal visits.
- Network and build new ministry relationships resulting in financial support for AiG.
- Communicate the impact of the ministry outreaches and share the opportunities for existing and potential strategic partners/donors in the region to partner with us.
- In regard to potential and current donors, seek to maintain a balance of effort in each of the following areas: qualifying potential donors, cultivating relationships, soliciting donations, and stewarding those who give.
- As directed, organize and implement ministry fund raising events in the region involving CEO, President, and Director of Advancement
- Recruit existing and potential strategic partners/donors in the region to attend special private events with CEO and other ministry leaders on-site at the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter.
- Utilization of AiG’s CRM database tools to monitor donor activity in the region and determine new opportunities for strategic donor relationships.
- Make thank you calls and write cards to regional AiG supporters who make significant gifts to the ministry or requesting prayer. Maintain notes of supporter contacts in AiG’s CRM donor database.
- As opportunities present, assist in promoting AiG speakers to regional churches and other venues.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- And all other duties as assigned by management.