The customer service representative will answer incoming customer service phone calls, communicate via live chat, and answer incoming customer emails. Make sure all customer communication channels are being monitored and answered in a timely, and efficient manner. Assist the e-commerce team with administrative functions related to direct-to-consumer sales. Act in a capacity as company liaison between the general public, outdoor industry professionals and Black Diamond.
- Answer incoming customer service phone calls, live chats, and emails.
- Responsible and authorized to communicate and research technical questions and knowledge of all Black Diamond products with the aptitude to complete research on and gain knowledge and understanding of competitor products.
- Complete customer requests in a timely manner, and if you are unable to solve the request, you will advance the inquiry to the appropriate supervisor/manager.
- Attend product demonstrations/training courses with Category Directors for Customer Service and DTC Sales team.
- Assist DTC Sales with Fraud Protection, organizing bulk sales, order inquires, and adjusting to seasonal growth between departments.
- Responsible for investigating, and using order queries, billing, miss-ship errors, and tracers. Process and manage non-warranty returns, refunds and credits.
- Assist with Marketing Department efforts on Black Diamond’s website with proofing, copy writing, related gear selections, corrections, updates, sales and other promotions.
- Support Black Diamond’s professional purchase program including supervising customer service, supervising order inquires.
- Required: High School Diploma, GED
- Preferred: 4 years College, or bachelor’s degree
- Required: 1-3 years of customer service and sales experience in the Outdoor industry with a minimum of 1 year work experience in online and direct to consumer sales and email marketing.
Skills and general experience:
- Requires in-depth technical comprehension of Black Diamond products from a company philosophy, design, service, warranty/repair and user standpoint with the ability to competently and professionally communicate this knowledge verbally as well as electronically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory. A technical knowledge of skiing, climbing and backpacking techniques and equipment is mandatory. Knowledge of company and competitor products is essential. Ability to multi-task projects and follow through to the finish without supervision is essential.
Additional experience preferred:
- Computer literacy with emphasis in Microsoft Windows operating systems, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, Teams, and Word. Ability to quickly and accurately search the internet for additional information with regards to competitor’s products is also a plus.
At BD, benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, as well as other wellness benefits, 401k, vacation and wellness time off, and company paid holidays. If that isn't enough, we are also a pet-friendly workplace with a casual dress code! If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy employee discounts on BD gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.