Are you an IT professional with impeccable integrity? Do you have a passion for serving others? Do you operate with a high degree of integrity and professionalism? Do you constantly strive for excellence? Are you a strong team player? Are you dedicated to learning, growing and improving your technical and professional skills? Are you humbly confident in your abilities?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you’ve found the right place to call home!
Who is Texas Systems Group?
Texas Systems Group (TXSG), founded in 2002 and based in Austin, TX, provides Information Technology (IT) Managed Services, Private Cloud Data Center Hosting Services and IT Infrastructure Solutions to clients all over Texas and across the Nation.
More than just an IT company…
Our reputation of providing Texas-friendly, honest & caring IT Services is only possible by hiring professionals who not only have impressive skills and qualifications, but also the ability to create trusted relationships with our employees, clients, and vendors. We set the bar for impeccable customer experiences. Period.
Because we have a laser-sharp focus on our customers, we are looking for someone with a similar passion for serving others.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing several concurrent high-visibility projects supporting mission-critical Enterprise Infrastructure operations, changes, additions, and upgrades. Our Ideal candidate has experience and thorough understanding of data center operations and management, networking, IT Service Management concepts, project budgets, executive-level communications, and overall leadership skills. He/she will provide exceptional customer service by ensuring clear communication and integration among all internal and external project stakeholders.
This is a full-time position is located in Austin, Texas.
Projects will include Move/Add/Change requests involving one or more of the following:
- Virtual servers
- Physical ESX hosts
- Managed Switches
- Windows/ Mac Devices
- Phone systems
- Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Printers / Peripherals
In this role, you will:
- Manage several concurrent high-visibility projects supporting mission-critical Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Analyze economics of IT Infrastructure project proposals and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment
- Create detailed project work plans that clearly capture key project milestones and dependencies
- Develop and manage the schedule, resources, issues, and risks for assigned projects
- Drive projects to ensure customer satisfaction by meeting deadlines, quality specifications and project profitability; and lead customer interactions for the project
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Manage the financial aspects of projects including costs and revenue
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of senior technical personnel while ensuring all team members are actively working toward established milestones
- Communicate proactively with senior techs, clients and vendors to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Lead regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items.
- Report on progress and provide regular updates to internal and client executive staff.
- Analyze data sets to extract information and identify areas needing improvement within project plans; provide recommendations on actionable information
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all project management technology and tools as required for assigned projects.
- Train exceptional employees to fulfill posted positions within the project team
- Strong understanding of Network Switching, Routing, Virtualization, VOIP.
- Strong understanding of Data Center functionality and management
- Working Knowledge of Fundamental ITIL Principles (Incident/Problem/Change Management, Service Desk, SLA’s)
- Minimum 3 (three) years of demonstrated experience managing small to medium size projects
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college/university preferred
- Strong Project Management, organizational, analytic and quantitative skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills; ability to present data and information in a clear, concise manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software
- Ability to analyze large data sets related to program status, issues, risks, dependencies, and schedules and extract necessary information from them
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with both internal and client senior executives in a manner that maintains professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to stay calm and effective in high-pressure, challenging, client-driven environments.
- Dedication and commitment to client satisfaction and delivering quality
- Strong team player who has a positive "roll up your sleeves" attitude
- Full benefits package (medical + dental + vision)
- 401K Matching
- Training allocation
- Quarterly FUN Events and Happy Hours
- Internet + cell phone reimbursements
- Gym Reimbursement
- 10 days PTO per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Free coffee, snacks and drinks
Texas Systems Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.