Company: Cushman & Wakefield | Commercial Advisors
Position: Maintenance Technician-Security Systems
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on safety and security equipment. This position will also be expected to assist the maintenance team with troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on buildings, industrial systems, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities, as needed. In addition, may lead one or more technicians and vendors. This position reports to the Chief Building Engineer.
• Perform minor building, Pelco Camera System, Card Access System and Swordfish lock maintenance as needed
• Implement preventative maintenance measures
• Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies for security systems
• Complete inspections of offices, common areas and retail space with the Property Manager and Chief Building Engineer
• Respond quickly to emergency situations and notify appropriate personnel while following proper safety protocol.
• Operate HVAC and building systems through BMS platform
• Comply with Commercial Advisors Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours.
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Perform other maintenance duties as requested
• Customer/Client Focus (Internal and External)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Can-do attitude
• Driven and hard working
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Detail oriented
• Ability to understand and take detailed directions
• High School Diploma required
• OSHA and Hazmat training a plus
• Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including grinders, drills, weed eaters, hand tools etc.
• Creation of card access device experience is a must
• Experience with Camera Systems a plus
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (commercial license may be required) and good driving record with periodic checks
• Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work