The Director of Asset Management will be responsible for setting and implementing strategic, financial, and operational decisions with the objective of maximizing our portfolio of complex full-service assets and select service hotels. This position will be representing the ownership group and working with third party management partners to maximize each asset full potential in the areas of revenue generation, net operating income, capital investment planning and asset preservation. This is a dynamic, highly collaborative position working closely with all functional teams including investment, management, legal and finance. A changing marketplace combined with a changing and growing portfolio make this a dynamic and challenging position. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of asset management experience with proven leadership skills and an all-in work ethic working well with a sense of urgency and tight time frames. A proven track record of successfully enhancing the value of multifamily, hotel, office and retail properties through creative strategies, strong relationships, and effective leadership. Integrity and authentic communication are paramount to success at Brinkman.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Extensive multifamily core plus, value-add and large-scale renovation experience required.
• Thorough understanding of all factors effecting markets and submarkets and the impact on the portfolio including strong understanding of demand generators, revenue management, and yield strategies to maximize asset returns and performance.
• Communicate and follow up on priorities and expectations with cross functional teams.
• Collaboratively conduct routine meetings, site visits and calls with real estate management to discuss asset level strategies and operational concerns and opportunities.
• Work closely with Real Estate Management team to achieve financial results.
• Demonstrate the ability to act as an owner to achieve goals of each investment.
• Proactively lead capital improvement projects that provide attractive returns on investment.
• Oversee cash management and cash planning for improvements and distributions.
• Proactively strengthen relationships across internal teams, capital partners and deal constituents
• Experience working with design/construction professionals to quickly achieve project execution while meeting budget and controlling cost.
• Collaboration with the Acquisitions team providing support and operational insight into the underwriting process.
• Exceptional financial acumen with demonstrated ability to understand financing and investment goals.
• Regular property visits to proactively manage and facilitate strategy execution.
• Strong financial analysis skills including forecasting and cash flow planning.
Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Economics. MBA preferred.
• Strong familiarity with Intermountain West markets desired.
• Minimum of 10 years of broad asset management experience in multifamily, hospitality, commercial office, and retail.
• Strong working knowledge and experience with complicated capital improvement project management and value add strategies essential.
• Yardi software experience ideal
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and other financial modeling techniques
• Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership of projects with high quality results.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
• Embraces and contributes to operational excellence and high performing culture.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.
Brinkman conducts comprehensive background and motor vehicle record checks for all new hires.
Annual Salary: $100,000-$125,000
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Real Estate Services is a B-Corp Certified, community-focused, real estate development and investment company that has been creating meaningful places and shaping the real estate landscape of Colorado for 15 years. With a triple bottom line focused on people, place and prosperity, our gauge for success is rooted in the impact our projects have on families, businesses, and the environment.
We Strive to:
Be All In
Be the Change
Do the Right Thing
These core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission of using business as a force for good.
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Account, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k) with matching contributions.
Brinkman is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision making for future success.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Real Estate Services does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman.