Employers Council is a Denver based Employers Association committed to partnering with employers to grow exceptional workplaces. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational management and human resources expertise and services, including virtual and in person employee training. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
Paraprofessional legal work assisting employment law attorneys with a wide range of legal support work such as research, administrative assistance and drafting various legal documents. Paralegal must have ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently, with minimal supervision. Paralegal must also be able to handle interruptions and multiple projects with frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the ELS Director and attorney team in assisting with, managing, and tracking a wide variety of employment related legal matters
• Assist with preparation and review of various legal & HR documents, including but not limited to internal & external correspondence
• Draft, review, analyze, organize & prepare documents for state & federal agency charges, investigations & audits, including but not limited to written responses, document productions, redaction & privilege reviews and position statements
• Ability to proofread and edit typed material for accuracy, grammatical, typographical, and legal citations
• Conduct research on various legal, regulatory and compliance matters
• Possess a strong, professional work ethic as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Provide administrative and secretarial support to assigned attorneys and provide backup to admins. Duties, include but are not limited to task management, document preparation, scheduling, etc.
• Prepare detailed internal & external correspondence that is tested for accuracy and precision
• Calendaring of member meetings, mediations and hearings
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Commitment to teamwork and maintaining collegial, professional environment
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Employment Law Services
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or certificate program in paralegal studies. Completion of one year of law school at an accredited institution may be substituted for the minimum education requirement
• At least two years of full-time paralegal experience in a public or private law office, not including internships
• Excellent writing and communication skills - an ability to articulate verbally and in writing with detailed accuracy
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
• Self-Starter who can work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to adapt and adjust to unexpected circumstances
• Must utilize best practices to ensure consistency and avoid unnecessary duplications
• Must have the ability to take clear direction
• Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
• Thorough knowledge of legal terminology and legal research techniques
• Knowledge of relevant local, state, and federal laws and regulations
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Relevant knowledge and experience using various technology tools to accomplish assigned tasks
• Ability to maintain confidentiality essential
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Starting weekly salary range: $880 - $1,040
Benefits: Employers Council provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Insured group health, dental, & vison plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans are available
• Long term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans
• Life, AD&D, Long term disability plans primarily paid for by employer
• A generous mix of vacation, sick and holiday paid days off
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.