The Talent, Culture and Human Resources team is looking for top talent to develop, manage, and own training and performance management initiatives at Kansas State University Foundation! This position analyzes organizational needs alongside business trends and skills gaps to establish an annual training plan that benefits all roles in the organization. The Manager is the main point of contact for Foundation leaders and team members who are interested in developing training resources specific to a unit, department, program/software or soft skills. They will also manage and train all employees on the Foundation’s performance management philosophy and the corresponding processes and tools. This position is highly collaborative with cross functional colleagues, and works closely with Foundation leadership.
As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the performance management process for the organization using the designated performance management tools.
- Train all employees on the designated performance management tool including expectations for use, best practices and product updates.
- Identify, create, and deliver or delegate organization-wide training programs that evolve with the professionalization of the organization.
- Develop, promote and execute an annual training calendar based on organization needs.
- Partner with leaders and subject matter specialists across the organization to create orientation and training programs aimed at improving and standardizing the new hire experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a human resources role
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Customer centric approach with the ability to listen and translate the needs of the stakeholder into a training strategy that is valid and sustainable
- Exhibits professional maturity to deliver sensitive information in a respectful and honest way
- Ability to balance competing priorities using project management best practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on projects.
- Knowledge of training and compliance requirements
- Proficient use of programs in the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent planning, time management, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a positive can-do demeanor
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with customers from all levels of an organization
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license and acceptable driving record
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources
- Experience developing and dynamic delivery of training content
- Service and team oriented
- Self-directed, driven, and hardworking
- HR certifications (i.e. PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and progressive environment
- Experience in or knowledge of higher education fundraising
- Passion and enthusiasm for the university, the mission of the Foundation and talent management
Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging:
The Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to succeed by creating an environment that is inclusive and draws upon the strength of the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our team.
Employees cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable work environment that allows everyone to feel connected to the organization’s mission and contribute to their full potential.