The Black Diamond Ecommerce Merchandiser is a key player in the running of Black Diamonds direct to consumer business. This position reports to the Senior Ecommerce Manager and the duties include building new SKUs in Black Diamonds Product Information Management system and maintaining/correcting the information. Other tasks of the position include merchandising the site seasonally and curating relevant product for promotions.
The Ecommerce Merchandiser works closely with the Marketing department to deploy product, promotional and experience campaigns.
- Update the Black Diamond website homepage per the DTC marketing calendar.
- Coordinate with the Digital marketing Specialist to execute promotions.
- Work the Pro manager on executable pro promotions and set the promotions up in Big Commerce.
- Set up and execute assigned sales in Big Commerce.
- Execute onsite merchandising plan and chose relevant product for promotions.
- Input key information into the PIM for site product updates.
- Assist the Senior Ecommerce manager with the seasonal web flip by building products.
- Ensure product specification accuracy on the website by coordinating with the product team.
- Merchandise the website category pages to match the season.
- Assist international team members with campaign building, product input and promotions.
- Work with the Senior Ecommerce manager to improve onsite search.
- Coordinate with marketing design team to deploy various types of campaigns.
- Construct Landing pages, Technical pages and experience stories in BD’s Content Management System for deployment on the site.
- Working with the Senior Ecommerce manager make taxonomy changes as necessary on the site.
- Update SKU Pricing in Big Commerce when needed.
- Fix images on the site and request photo corrections from Marketing as necessary.
- Coordinate directly with the CS team to improve customer experience.
- Work directly with the IT team to test site improvements.
- Load new product instructions and documents of conformity for BD products.
- Required: Associate's Degree.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree.
- Required: 2 years Ecommerce experience.
- Preferred: 3+ years of Direct-to-Consumer Ecommerce experience.
Skills and general experience:
- Experience with eCommerce platforms, Big Commerce experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with Content Management systems and Product Information systems a plus.
- Comfortable with working with technology and technical teams.
- Understanding of web analytics and reporting systems
- Working knowledge of online marketing strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, analytical skills and detail oriented.
Required Licenses: Driver's License
At BD, benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, as well as other wellness benefits, 401k, vacation and wellness time off, and company paid holidays. If that isn't enough, we are also a pet-friendly workplace with a casual dress code! If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy employee discounts on BD gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.