Purpose: To develop scalable data and media systems that ensure the reliability and safety of Meow Wolf’s platforms and products.
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The Senior Systems Engineer will bring a unique mix of distributed data processing, data warehousing, and software engineering skills to develop scalable data and media systems that ensure the reliability and safety of Meow Wolf’s platforms and products. This role will support teams across the company to develop robust storage, transfer, and distribution capabilities which make our experiences accessible across physical, virtual, and AR spaces worldwide.
Working with the Information Security Architect and Analysts, you will translate security requirements into sustainable architecture and workflows. Additionally, you will work with Systems, Software, and Data Engineers to solve current problems and create new opportunities as well as, establish and promote standards for collecting, processing, storing, accessing, and life cycling data across business groups. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help deliver value inside and outside the company with advanced, hands-on technical skills in secure, private, and high-fidelity storage design in a data center and hybrid cloud environment.
You will be instrumental in the design and build of distributed infrastructure to improve the experience of our creators, our business, and our consumers of data and media.
How you will do it…
- Create and promote a scalable technical design and architectural vision for secure operations, data systems and tooling
- Work with engineers on the team to manage infrastructure for supporting, moving and processing data and media.
- Enable in-exhibition and globalized, distributed media and data delivery by combining cloud and on-premise services and systems.
- Work with Data Engineers and Analysts to determine and implement the best practices for data retention and access
- Work with Information Security Architects and Analysts to determine and implement the best practices for secure storage and distribution.
- Help engineers across teams select technologies for their data and media processing and distribution needs, including details such as automation, caching, lineage tracing, and access control.
- Be the face of data best-practices to engineers on the team around the product by advocating for storage and access considerations early in the product life cycle.
To be successful in this role…
- BS, Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering, or BA in a technical field.
- 5 - 10+ years of experience analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and optimizing/ enhancing large and complex systems or networks.
- Hands-on familiarity with specific architectures and tools for storing, transferring, and accessing data and media.
- Experience analyzing complex workflows and supporting/enhancing requirements-based security, fidelity, and privacy controls, including but not limited to industry best practices.
- Experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule, possessing demonstrated time and project management skills.
- Experience working individually and in small and large groups on a regular basis.
It would be nice to have…
- Experience participating in complex, data protection projects in an enterprise, data center and multi-cloud environment.
- Knowledge in supply chain, logistics, and asset management in a data center environment.
- Experience handling streaming media services both to fixed data centers and direct to consumer.
- Experience managing a multiyear data storage and access roadmap.
Work environment & physical demands…
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This role also includes standard equipment for immersive experiences such as sensors, microcontrollers, computers, lights, sound, video, and electromechanical elements.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will get to know Meow Wolf by…
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Immersiversity
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s Employee Handbook.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and solution driven decisions?
- Receptive to receiving direction and can perform well within a team environment?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new software and web-based tools?
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Self-motivated, self-managing, adaptable to changing needs and taking on new tasks, and receptive to receiving direction?
- Patient with yourself and with others, and able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with fellow human beings?
- Able to contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team and help keep the vibe alive?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
? Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
? Dental & Vision Insurance
? Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
? Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
? Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
? Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
? Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
? Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
? 401k Retirement Plan
? And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.