GDS Link is a leading provider of technology and service solutions to the financial industry, with market-leading clients across numerous financial verticals. GDS Link’s software provides power and flexibility to rapidly implement and automate comprehensive credit risk strategies, decisioning and processes in the context of virtually any lending and account management platform. In addition to a dynamic workflow interface that helps streamline manual review and exception processing, GDS Link offers analytical credit modeling solutions, and adds tremendous value by seamlessly incorporating a multitude of third-party data sources throughout the decisioning process including risk assessment, fraud prevention and mitigation, credit bureau data, income and employment verification, etc. Founded in 2006, GDS Link is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with five international offices including the United Kingdom and Spain. For more information, please visit http://www.gdslink.com.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and external financial reporting. The role is responsible for the Company’s accounting policies and practices, and assisting in the preparation of all internal and external financial reporting. This position will be charged with maintaining a level of professionalism and responsiveness to leaders of each of the divisions of the business.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the general accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Complete monthly accounting close timely and accurately
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Company's strategic objectives with relevant and timely accounting, financial reporting, and internal accounting controls.
- Ensure the accounting systems are leveraged and processes are adequately supporting management's needs to efficiently and effectively manage the day-to-day business.
- Ensure internal and external financial reporting adheres to GAAP standards, as well as all other applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide support for technical accounting matters impacting the operations of the business.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of all accounting data and reports, with accompanying analyses.
- Directly manage the day-to-day accounting operations including: general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll accounting
- Assist in the preparation of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and other reports as required of the company federal and state agencies.
- Develop and implement the systems and procedures to support effective finance and accounting operations and deliver audits without adjustments or material weaknesses.
- Maintain effective internal controls related to finance and accounting activities.
- Assist in the coordination of all audit activity with external auditors.
- Meet financial reporting deadlines by managing and prioritizing tasks and deliverables.
- Accurate and timely preparation and filing of required internal financial reports.
- Timely completion of annual audit with no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses in controls.
Core Competencies & Attributes
- Must be an extremely adaptive individual able to quickly process information and data.
- Must be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with a polished executive presence.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with people both internally and externally of differing cultures and at many levels (bankers, employees, vendors, clients).
- Enjoys a hands-on, proactive approach with desire to work in a dynamic environment with numerous routes to market, numerous product offerings and varying requirements as to how to conduct business.
- Must have a strong service mentality with a collaborative, flexible approach to serving both internal and external clients.
- Excellent technical accounting skills – multi-currency accounting, revenue recognition.
- Ambitious, innovative individual, not afraid of change and moving at a fast pace.
- Ability to coach, mentor and assist the staff in understanding financial issues and impact on business decisions.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-initiative skills, with the ability to interact well with people at various levels across an organization in an environment of changing priorities and time constraints.
- Sound judgment.
- Strong desire in mentoring and growing team members.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the organization's mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, with at least 3 years’ experience in public accounting.
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Software industry experience preferred
- Experience working with offices in other countries a plus
- Skilled at Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Salary $80,000 to $100,000, negotiable, commensurate upon experience