We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing organization. This position will work collaboratively with the Controller and accounting team on a variety of activities.
• Process accounts payable invoices – verify accuracy, match with purchase order & receipt.
• Process payment of recurring items such as rent and sales/use tax.
• Research any vendor discrepancies and respond to vendor inquiries.
• Assign proper G/L accounts to invoices and expense reports with due dates.
• Obtain proper approval and post invoices into A/P system.
• Generate and mail A/P checks and/or processing wire/ACH payments.
• Maintain all A/P files, including attaching required documentation to invoices.
• Complete credit/reference information for new suppliers.
• Perform other accounting duties as requested. Assist in special projects as needed.
• 3-5 years experience in Accounts Payable as part of an accounting team.
• Detail-oriented, and strong mathematical abilities to identify unusual transactions and improper payments.
• Excellent computer skills; proficient Microsoft Excel User
• Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and prioritize A/P workload
• Ability to be self-directed, challenged, and work in a team-oriented environment
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and detail-oriented skills
• Manufacturing and/or ERP system (Sage) experience preferred