Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school's professional programs offer the proven combination of a classic and contemporary approach to modern industry skills training as well as a sustainability-centered and business-focused curriculum. Professional programs in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts are available online and at ground campuses in Austin, Texas, and Boulder, Colorado. Escoffier also offers enthusiast training online and on ground. If you're looking for a dynamic, fast-paced growth opportunity, we'd like to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.escoffier.edu
The Adjunct Instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. The Adjunct Instructor provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable students to fulfill the evolving needs to the marketplace. The Adjunct Instructor encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTITES
• Provides competency-based education which aligns with the Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts (AESCA) model of curricula as well as supports the AESCA style of system delivery.
• Follows the syllabus to stay in line with the timeline and to keep all classes consistent; and, to meet course competencies and the development of activities which support lesion objectives. Sets up the class and pace of the class to include lectures, guest speakers, quizzes/exams within the allotted class schedule.
• Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
• Gives student feedback at prescribed intervals.
• Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging student in the learning process.
• Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, inputs attendance and grades daily in C-VUE, completes other reports on time and enforces campus attendance policies.
• Responsible for the campus’ student retention program as it relates to his/her classes. Calls students as needed, advises students related to their education program and career. Identifies and communicates to appropriate campus personnel information on “at risk” students, working with appropriate individual to assist in the retention process.
• Responsible for the safety and sanitation of the classroom, equipment and students. Supports and enforces all campus policies/practices and ensures student uniform compliance.
• Responsible for ensuring a high degree of professionalism exists within the classroom, on campus and during off campus school events. Counsels students as needed on grades, attendance and professionalism, etc. Documents the counseling in C-VUE on a timely basis.
• Abides by and enforces all of the campus’ rules, policies, practices, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
• Participates in various other workshops and meetings as directed.
• Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning through professional/technical skills development, introduction of industry perspective into courses and active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
• Must be available to work varying shifts (morning, mid-day, evenings and weekends)
• Other duties as required or assigned.
• Associates degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
• High school diploma and at least 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in the industry and/or teaching.
• Serv Safe certified or qualified to pass the NRA Serve Safe exam.
• 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting role performing month-end closes to produce monthly P&L, performing and key entering journal entries, G/L account reconciliation and customer billings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Communication Skills
• Conflict Resolution Skills
• Detail Oriented
• Time-Management Skills
• Organizational Skills
• Analytical and Report Writing Skills
• Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
• Ethics: Has personal and professional ethics and fosters a diverse and respectful workplace.
• Ability to interface with staff and external relationships in a professional manner, including a demonstrated commitment to customer service.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.)
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business equipment. Siting for long periods of time; up to 8 hours of computer and/or phone work daily. Required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Majority of the work performed in a typical school classroom environment.
• White chef jacket (pressed – no wrinkles)
• Black chef pants
• Black leather or rubber kitchen safe shoes
• Solid white t-shirt underneath the chef jacket (t-shirt to be free of any sort of design/writing).
• Chef’s toque must be worn at all time while in the kitchens
• Apron when instructing in the kitchen
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.