Delaney Hardware is a leading provider of premium builder hardware for residential homes, multi-family buildings, and commercial projects. With comprehensive, stylish collections that combine superior finishes and smooth mechanics, Delaney’s unwavering commitment to value, quality, and exceptional service distinguishes it from the rest of the industry. As part of the Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) family of brands, Delaney offers a full portfolio of hardware including door hardware, digital locks, barn door hardware, bath accessories, commercial hardware, trim hardware, and steel doors and frames.
Delaney is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations. Must be a champion of the Delaney Hardware corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations to join our team in Cumming, GA.
The Director is responsible for leading the warehouse and assembly operations, any external 3PL relationships, safety, and continuous improvement to deliver on revenue and EBIDTA objectives. Will communicate company goals and initiatives to the operations team, establish performance expectations, and drive accountability for results. Ownership, a growth-oriented mindset, and a passion for team leadership are required attributes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Inspires team confidence and respect while empowering and motivating the team to deliver results. Provides ongoing feedback. Resolves employee performance issues and concerns quickly and effectively. Prepares and delivers performance reviews.
• Fosters an environment of engagement. Partners with Human Resources to develop and implement employee recognition programs.
• Stays abreast of all federal, state and local laws. Communicates policies to the team and maintains compliance and consistency. Takes corrective action when needed.
• Ensures that safety is the first priority for all associates. Implements and directs safety programs and ensures OSHA compliance.
• Contributes to annual and long-range planning. Prepares the operations budget and identifies initiatives that drive improvements in safety, quality, on-time delivery, fill rates, labor productivity, operations efficiency, and lower costs and expenses.
• Delivers on initiatives that drive revenue growth and EBITDA improvement.
• Ensures adherence to the budget and key operating metrics for the operation.
• Develops and communicates a vision and objectives that align the operations with company strategy. Works collaboratively with functional leaders to deliver operational goals and KPI's.
• Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of warehouse and assembly operations to ensure products meet customer and company targets. Tracks and monitors KPIs with active data analysis and visual management to show actual vs. target over time.
• Develops, recommends and executes on continuous improvement and Lean initiatives with a focus on quality, productivity, fill rates, on-time delivery, cost reduction and overall margin improvement. Drives the organizational, cultural, and process changes needed to identify inefficiencies and improve workflow.
• Directs and manages operations initiatives (e.g., layout changes, identification and installation of capital equipment, process improvements, repairs, etc.), ensuring key milestones are met.
• Develops labor capacity models and material plans needed to meet sales forecasts, while maintaining flexibility to minimize cost and inventory levels. Collaborates with Sales, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Finance to ensure reliable, timely and accurate product launch and ongoing supply of products to the marketplace.
• Ensures procedures are followed for building security and loss prevention.
• BS/BA degree in engineering, operations, or business required.
• 10+ years of progressively increasing experience leading operations (production and distribution)
• 5+ years of people management experience required.
• 2+ years managing e-commerce operations is required.
• Ability to drive an operations organization to high levels of safety and performance, as evidenced by a track record of consistent delivery and development of systems and processes to support customers and business needs.
• Must be familiar with warehouse and assembly operations, facilities and techniques.
• Strong Project Management skills are required to execute the day-to-day responsibilities while driving structural and strategic efforts across the organization.
• Strong business acumen / commercial understanding, with the ability to translate business challenges into practical operations strategies.
• Able to collect and analyze data and dive deep to develop creative and workable business solutions.
• Experience with ERP systems required. NetSuite experience is a plus. Extensive working knowledge of enabling technologies such as WMS, RF scanners, conveyors, etc.
• Skilled at developing, implementing, monitoring, tracking, and improving KPIs. Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements. Experience with methodologies and tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, visual workplace, 5S, etc. required.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
• Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to handle difficult conversations with team members, customers, suppliers and other employees required.
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook). Must be able to create and deliver effective presentations.
• Bilingual: Spanish is a plus.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to access and navigate the warehouse facility.
• Must be able to lift 49 pounds at a time.
Delaney is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status.