The Director of Agronomy oversees the maintenance and construction of Colonial Golf & Tennis Club golf course. This position ensures the course is maintained in property playing condition and plans short/long-term goals for the course while focusing on providing superior service.
- Develops budgeting and capital plans. Manages expenses in accordance with these plans and provides reporting for all financial and non-financial information as requested.
- Maintains courses in proper playing condition, records all maintenance on course, establishes short/long-range plans for the courses, oversees course construction, and communicates the conditions of the facilities, maintenance plans, and scheduled events.
- Maintains a clear understanding of and implements Colonial Golf & Tennis Club standards while ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory laws. Stays current with regulations.
- Ensures proper mixing, storing, disposal, calibration, and application of all chemicals/fertilizers/petroleum products used throughout course/property. Maintains required records and strives to minimize the use of chemicals and petroleum products. Addresses all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Implements and enforces safe work practices, including proper training and/or licensures needed.
- Stays current with technical and turf innovations that could affect operations.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing, and care of turf, plants, shrubs, trees, and other facilities on the golf course, including preparation of proper fertilizers and nutrients. Provides constant feedback and direction to key staff members.
- Develops, trains, coaches, disciplines, and mentors staff within the department providing feedback, direction, leadership, and a positive work environment that fosters teamwork, communication, ethical behavior, and cleanliness.