Basketball is and has always been more than a game and The World-Famous Harlem Globetrotters have always been a lot more than just a basketball team. With the confluence of social change, pandemic and more, we are at a unique point in time where we are relaunching our iconic brand to unite families and spread joy through world-class basketball showmanship. The Globetrotters are charismatic, elite athletes and real-life superheroes who consistently leverage their star power to light up a room, light up a court, light up a venue, light up the competition, light up the community and light up the world. They have done this in spite of any and all challenges, including the challenges facing the world today. As the Globetrotters build on our wonderful 90+ year storied history, we are seeking outstanding individuals to help elevate the brand to emotionally connect with the next generation of fans contemporizing it to the 2020s YouTube world. As the Director of Marketing, Branded Entertainment for the world-famous Harlem Globetrotters, you will be empowered to inspire and connect with new audiences through branded entertainment experiences.
Your passion for the Harlem Globetrotters and the mission is matched only by your brand building skills, strategic marketing acumen and the ability to inspire and shape the creation of compelling products, experiences and content. Your understanding of culture, community & commerce through the marketing lens is the engine driving success and thrive with this responsibility.
This full-time position within the Harlem Globetrotters International (HGI) Marketing Division is located at our Corporate Office in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, and reports to the VP of Marketing & Sales.
Position Roles & Responsibilities
• 8+ years of brand management experience with Bachelor’ Degree, and MBA nice to have
• Experience in live event marketing, entertainment and/or sports marketing
• Have a genuine passion for marketing and the Harlem Globetrotters
• Excellent communication, cross-group collaboration, and planning skills
• Insatiable curiosity and a sense of humor
• Experience driving innovation / creating and launching new services and experiences
• Experience rolling out a re-brand/ brand strategies and tactics
• Experience winning organizations over to new approaches
• Experience being accountable to executive leadership
• Passion for driving cultural change
• Great collaborator who thrives working with others
• Cool with handling differences of opinion, with your own strong opinions lightly held
• Outcome and output oriented - dare we say 'relentless'?
• You thrive in diverse teams and in your approach to all that you do
• Nice to have experience of transforming a brand/ marketing approach in your career history
• Nice to have experience as a brand leader in a brand-centric organization
• Nice to have successful experience with brands targeting tweens and parents
• Consistently demonstrates grit and determination with innate ability to get stuff done