To participate as a member of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing team whose common goal is supporting families with deaf and hard of hearing children gain the tools through personalized supports provided by Deaf and Hard of Hearing services to help empower their children to make life-long choices.
Program Support (30%)
• Assists with administrative and community outreach functions that support the Deaf Mentor Family Program. Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the program.
• Abide by the mission, philosophy and policies of Deaf Mentor Family Program Services’ delivery of unbiased support and information to staff and families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
• Comply with Lifetrack’s standards of confidentiality.
• Assist in preparing for Deaf Mentor or Family support and educational activities, including gathering materials to be distributed at events or workshop.
Clerical Support (25%)
• Accommodate individual staff, as needed, database questions or technology related instructions.
• Prepare correspondence, reports, file and copy materials.
• Updates and maintains the Deaf Mentor Family Program Library to ensure that new materials are recorded and added to the system, materials are accessible to staff, and materials are tracked to ensure fair use among those requesting materials.
• Mailing library materials to Deaf Mentors when requested
• Assist with ordering materials if needed.
• Assists with mailings to key community partners as requested.
• Assists in preparing for program and educational activities, such as ASL classes and staff trainings, including gathering materials to be distributed at events or workshops.
Information & Data Management (40%)
• Oversee the maintenance of family personal data records and program files.
• Collect Weekly Progress Report from the Deaf Mentors bi-weekly and record it to the Deaf Mentor sessions spreadsheets.
• Assist the Program Manager in making sure all Deaf Mentor’s report are accounted for.
• Collect and enter evaluation and outcome data into database for the programs quarterly reports.
• Enter and update Family’s information into the Client Information System.
• Conduct queries of data system for reporting and grant writing purposes.
• Creates evaluation and data illustrations for inclusion into the quarterly reports for DHHSD.
Financial Management (05%)
• Record checks out and returned items to DMFP Library.
• Other duties as assigned
Scope of Position (Briefly describe size and number of programs/case load, geographic area, impact of position, etc.):
• Administrative Supporting Role.
• Handling office tasks
• Filing, generating reports, reordering program supplies
• Pull up queries from the database for the reports for DHHSD, and Lifetrack/Lutheran Social Services
Number of Direct Reports (Indicate number, FTEs*, & titles):
Number of Indirect Reports (Indicate number, FTEs*, & titles):
Budget Responsibility (Size and level of responsibility):
Type of guidance and supervision received (Level of guidance/supervision):
• Explanation of projects.
• Directing her activities
Position Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required):
• High School diploma: Associate degree or bachelor degree in business or related field preferred.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and using Customer Relationship Managements (CRM) database.
• Demonstrated skills with organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking.
• Experience working with a database and creating data tracking systems.
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
• Strong written communication skills and uses American Sign Language
• Strong interpersonal relation skills
• Ability to recall significant amounts of information as well as document and remain organized.
• Maintain a friendly and firm disposition.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Percentage time spent away from main office/location (Travel required within position):
Percentage time spent in direct care (Working directly with clients/individuals we support):