This is a technical support position at a rapidly growing company in the sports media space and help stream and monitor live sports events. The Associate Engineer responds to support calls and e-mails from our streaming video production teams and supports automated productions. They are responsible for answering questions, solving technical issues, monitoring live events, and helping ensure successful broadcasts of live video. Engineers also work with other departments to help with onboarding/trainings of new schools. This position has opportunities for forward progression within the organization.
- Using our ticketing system to answer e-mails and phone calls from schools.
- Troubleshoot issues with software used to run score graphics on live video.
- Monitoring events to make sure scoreboards are updating properly.
- Logging in to production computers via remote desktop connection to diagnose and solve problems.
- Modify systems to accommodate new scoring needs and client requests.
- Help test new software and site features.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with production team members.
- Show good judgement about when to escalate issues and involve others in solving problems.
- Enjoy working with people and answer calls in a courteous, professional manner.
- Demonstrate basic technical skills and experience solving problems with computer software.
- Help the Production Support team identify and document commonly occurring issues.
- Basic IT Knowledge
- Call Center Experience
Vaccinations mandatory unless otherwise provided under applicable law. Do not disclose any legal limitations on vaccine requirement until conditional offer of employment is made or presented.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; working toward an undergraduate degree in Computer Science is a plus
- General PC Knowledge
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Critical thinking skills, resourceful and effective decision-making
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
About NFHS Network
The NFHS Network captures the passion, pride, and energy of the high school experience by delivering live high school sports and events to family members and fans whenever they want, wherever they are. Please Note: This is a seasonal role that follows the US School calendar. During certain months of the year opportunities for hours will be greater or lesser depending on the number of schools in session.
Please Note: THIS IS NOT FIELD VIDEO PRODUCTION. This is a technical support role and will not include any video editing, producing, videography or on-air talent opportunities.