Provide system-wide service for the unloading, loading, delivery, transfer and placement of auto parts in a safe, efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide data for vehicle maintenance and operate assigned vehicles.
• Deliver auto parts in a safe, efficient manner.
• Load and unload incoming and outgoing freight.
• Place auto part and commodities in specified areas in individual shops as assigned.
• Assist in a variety of warehouse operations including receiving, storage, stock issue and maintenance of inventory.
• Assist with moving auto parts as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Traffic laws, defensive driving techniques and rules of the road. Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Proper lifting techniques.
• Map reading techniques.
• Drive an assigned Parts vehicle to pick-up and deliver parts, supplies, equipment, materials and other items.
• Receive requests, prioritize and prepare daily work schedules.
• Plan routes for destination.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Lift heavy objects.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Meet schedules and time lines
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 80 pounds