The material handling shipping and receiving clerk is responsible for receiving all incoming freight, shipping using UPD and LTL carriers, preparing pallets for shipment, and cutting bar stock for the machining department. Other duties include but are not limited to sort, grade, weigh, and inspect product; create a bill of lading; ship packages domestically and internationally; and operate a forklift to move materials. This position operates in regular working hours of KEB America: Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
• High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Permits, and Certifications
• Forklift certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Basic computer skills
• Basic math skills (standard and metric)
• Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools
• Ability to follow work instructions accurately
• Ability to do accurate work at a rapid pace
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
• Ability to work well independently as well as with others
• Have attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to proficiently read and write in English
• Ability to follow all safety rules
• Knowledge of packing, shipping, and receiving methods
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
• Ability to stand on feet majority of the day
• Ability to walk, lift, push, pull, bend, and sit as needed
• Demonstrate proper lifting techniques
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee may be exposed to while performing job duties and responsibilities.
• Climate controlled
• Industrial setting
• Brightly lit
• Dirt, grease, oil, and metal shavings from machinery
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KEB America, Inc. headquartered in Shakopee, Minnesota, is a subsidiary of KEB Automation KG, a global provider of complete automation system solutions. KEB develops mechanical and electronic solutions for drive and automation systems. KEB products can be found in the most demanding applications across the world and are used in a wide range of industries including elevator, medical, packaging, and plastics. KEB offers full-time positions with competitive pay, flexible hours, and benefits.