The position is a contact for Visa Debit Cards and ATM services of the Bank. This includes liaison support between the Bank and various third party vendors relating to these programs; including directly with Visa. The Operations Support Position assists in control over daily and monthly processes relating to the card program and ATM’s including, but not limited to, balancing, booking, reporting, and error resolution, as well as customer inquiry and dispute processing. The position serves as a primary or backup for various other back office operational duties.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform daily balancing and booking of Debit Card and ATM activity
• Coordinate meetings and support with third party vendors relating to Debit Cards and ATM’s
• Review and process customer disputed Debit Card activity to resolution
• Run reports for Debit Card and ATM activity
• Process weekly Savings Bonds redeemed activity - remit to the Federal Reserve Bank
• Backup processor of the daily General Ledger for the Bank
• Perform various other functions relating to post-processing of the Bank’s General Ledger
• Perform special projects as assigned
• Liaison support with various other third party vendors/processors of the Bank
• Review G/L reconciliations - coordinate issues with supervisor
• Prepare and/or conduct periodic review of various other reports
• Develop detailed knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and general information, as well as a basic understanding of operation in other departments of the Bank
• Maintain interpersonal customer service skills – written and oral
• Successfully complete training programs as necessary
• Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Two years of financial institution experience preferred
• Knowledge of computer operation and the ability to utilize the Bank’s software
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
• Must show initiative, reliability and team orientated attitude
• Strong organization and problem solving skills