SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for managing the membership program and assist with public programming and special events for the Museum of Contemporary Native Arts. The Membership and Programs Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the department’s daily activities such as preparing membership letters, maintaining member gift records and files, coordinating mailing lists, supporting special events such as exhibition openings, and assisting MoCNA’s Senior Museum Education Manager on public programming initiatives, while also providing any administrative support as required for the membership department.
NOTE: This position is grant funded for up to 4 years. While funding may be extended, a grant-funded position has no guarantee of on-going and indefinite employment.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
• Monitor membership budget.
• Supports the Senior Education Manager in carrying out the membership program within the local community through activities, tours, presentations, etc.
• Assist in implementing all activities in support of the membership program, collaborating closely with the appropriate Museum staff.
• Assist in planning and implementing special events and public programs for the museum. Attend all museum functions and/or outreach activities.
• Collaborate with designated designer for placement of ads in support of membership and public programming, which includes coordinating information with the appropriate Museum staff regarding their ad placements to ensure the maximum use of budget monies in support of the membership and public programs.
• Attend Museum staff meetings and provide bi-weekly status reports to the Senior Education Manager.
• Provide monthly reports on membership activities, not limited to Raiser Edge reports, which includes tracking of ads, response inquiries, etc.
• Collaborate closely with the Senior Education Manager to ensure accurate recording of membership info into Raisers Edge.
• Responsible for all monthly membership mailings and will serve as contact for museum’s membership program.
• Responsible for all museum gift entries into Raisers Edge and for in-house mailings.
• Present and reflect at all times, as a key Museum representative, a positive and professional demeanor/approach, sensitivity and respect for cultural belief systems and activities.
• Comply with all Institute-wide and departmental policies, adhering to appropriate standards of conduct and ethics, including confidentiality.
• May be requested to travel in support of organization’s outreach activities.
• Provide, as needed, support to Senior Education Manager and Museum Director.
• Performs other duties as requested by supervisor and/or director.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Must possess a high school diploma and at least two years of responsible administrative support experience of comparable scope and complexity. Must have proven experience working in a fast-paced office environment. PREFERRED: AA Degree and/or prior experience working in an academic environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, or other database/donor tracking program, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Knowledge of direct mail strategies.
• Experience in organization and event planning.
• Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with constituents, students, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment possessing excellent organizational skills and prioritizing multiple-tasks.
• Ability to work unsupervised, reflecting initiative and flexibility in starting projects and bringing projects to successful conclusions in a timely manner.
• Occasional travel for meetings, conferences, and other events using personal vehicle or company vehicle.
• This job description does not list all the duties of this position.
• Supervisors or managers may assign other instructions and duties.
• The job evaluation will include assessment of your performance as described herein.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.