Title: Patient Services Representative
Base Salary Range: $39,520 - $43,180 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Patient Services Representative receives and registers patients, make/cancels appointments, provides referrals to other departments or services, helps walk-in patients obtain appropriate appointments or services, facilitates patient flow, assists patients in completing required documents, and retrieves and files medical charts. This position provides support to Medical, Dental, and Behavioral Health services.
- Answers multi-line telephone, ensuring that all calls are channeled to, and responded by the appropriate personnel
- Makes reminder calls to patients regarding scheduled appointments and follow-up medical care
- Conducts intake and outtake of patients
- Schedules patient appointments and enters required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner
- Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor.
- Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures
- Protects the financial integrity of SCFHC by collecting patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing payment options and screening for eligibility
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all notifications and authorizations are completed within the required timeframes
- Posts payments in the computer system and generates the appropriate patient receipts
- Monitors, reviews and resolves patient account issues on assigned reports
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with Physicians, ancillary departments, nursing units, office staff, insurance companies, as well as patients and their families.
- Daily use of NextGen Electronic Health Record (EHR) system
- Assist in opening/closing clinic
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual and Bi-literate Spanish/English preferred
- Must have minimum of 1-2 years or more clinical experience as a PSR
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company