Delaney Hardware is a leading provider of premium builder hardware for residential homes, multi-family buildings, and commercial projects. With comprehensive, stylish collections that combine superior finishes and smooth mechanics, Delaney’s unwavering commitment to value, quality, and exceptional service distinguishes it from the rest of the industry. As part of the Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) family of brands, Delaney offers a full portfolio of hardware including door hardware, digital locks, barn door hardware, bath accessories, commercial hardware, trim hardware, and steel doors and frames.
Delaney is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations. Must be a champion of the Delaney Hardware corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.
We are currently seeking a Data Entry Clerk to join our Team.
The Data Entry Clerk will service customers by receiving and processing electronic purchase orders and verifying them for accuracy and completeness. As a member of our Customer Service department, the Data Entry Clerk will also back up Customer Service Reps and be an extension of the services they provide.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Receive and input customer purchase orders into ERP software
• Verify customer and order information for accuracy and completeness
• Release orders to timed batch or to the warehouse for processing
• Communicate with customers and/or Sales Support staff on questions, discrepancies, and updates regarding customer purchase orders
• Perform data entry reviews in a timely manner, including but not limited to Batch Review, Backorder Review, Quote Review
• Provides pricing, product availability, order tracking, and other information to customers
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion
• Communicate with Purchasing department with inventory needs or discrepancies and takes necessary steps to mitigate backorders or order fulfillment delays
• Reviews and updates customer record files
• Serve as backup agent to the Sales queue as needed; performs other customer service task as required
• Remains knowledgeable and confident in company products and procedures and has a working ability to utilize company tools and resources to best service the customer
• Maintains data entry standards for accuracy and volume
• Attend and actively participate in product, process, and other trainings as needed or as required
• Coordinates and cooperates with Warehouse, Keying, and Accounting department to resolve any issues surrounding order processing and customer service.
• Perform other duties as required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Prior experience in data entry preferred
• Skilled at typing; Touch typing skills are preferred
• Detail oriented with commitment to accuracy and completeness
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills; ability to manage competing priorities
• Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proficient in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and Power Point
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
• Experience with an ERP system required. NetSuite experience preferred.
• Prolonged periods of sitting
• Ability to view computer for extended period
• Frequent and/or repetitive alpha/numeric keyboarding
• Must be able to lift or move up to 20lbs (sample displays)
Delaney is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status.