DIOCESE OF ORLANDO
St Joseph Catholic Church and School
Job Title: Youth ministry coordinator
Reports To: Priest/ DRE
* Develop and maintain age appropriate catechetical program using Life Teen resources and other supplemental programming.
* Oversee the preparation of liturgical celebrations for youth: reconciliation, confirmation, liturgies for retreats and special youth events.
* Teach the Edge Middle School / High School youth ministry program.
* Develop and provide support for a Young Adult Group for ages 18-30.
* Plan and execute enriching summer trips ( Life Teen, Catholic Conferences, training etc. )
* Provide fundraising opportunities through the year.
* Provide activities / events for social justice projects.
* Plan and implement parish / community events through the year. (Easter egg hunt, etc.)
* Create and develop a parish youth board consisting of active youth members to promote leadership and faith development from within the youth group.
*Provide opportunities for weekend retreats at least once a year for both middle school students as well as High School.
* Utilize effective communications via email, website, bulletin announcements, social media, etc.
* Set annual goals and create a comprehensive plan to achieve the goals.
* Recruit/ develop and train adults and peers following all guidelines set by the Diocese of Orlando.
* Teach, develop and coordinate a core team for Confirmation.
* maintains confidentiality in all areas of responsibility as required.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
The Diocese of Orlando four core values lay the foundation for the work performed by its employees.
1. Authenticity: Conviction that God has called us to reflect exteriorly our inner life of faith in our daily living.
2. Respect: Affirming each person’s God-given dignity and uniqueness.
3. Courage: Inspired by this gift of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim and live the Word of God fearlessly and devotedly.
4. Commitment: Individually and collectively, we are steadfast to the team and its purpose.
A candidate for this position will have a solid Catholic faith background, dynamic people-skills, strong organization and time management skills. Youth ministry and / or experience, and a passion to help our teens and young adults grow in their faith.