Hands on Assistant Manager to help develop and lead a team of Culinary Service staff, cook and coordinators to deliver quality food to Ark Encounter guests. To control and manage the day-to-day running of the kitchen, ensuring that the preparation and presentation of food complies with the required standard recipes and maintain cost controls. Assist and oversee food service coordinators in their job duties. Assist Culinary Services Manager with scheduling, inventory, and department invoicing. The Assistant Manager is also accountable for displaying our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Model, coach and set clear expectations with all staff members to uphold the Quality Service Standards of Safety, Hospitality, Presentation and Efficiency.
- In collaboration with the Manager, develop the direction of the day to day operations within the department and guide staff with the overall development of a SERVE culture.
- Promote the AiG mission.
- Supervise kitchen production and all Culinary Services Support Staff.
- Ensure that all food is cooked and presented at a safe and appropriate temperature.
- Ensure that safety and hygienic operations of the kitchen and ancillary areas are adhered to by all members of staff
- Ensure that kitchen equipment is used correctly to ensure the safety of our employees.
- Work with the Management to ensure that the kitchen is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Work with confidence and lead by example in the production of food and kitchen management.
- Enforce kitchen, personal and food hygiene within the kitchen and ensure all areas are kept clean and orderly at all times.
- Ensure that pars are not exceeded so that wastage is kept to a minimum and staff is trained to safeguard practices of good portion control.
- Communicate with Culinary Services Manager regarding stock to ensure correct stock is on hand.
- Maintain inventory and F.I.F.O. standard
- Maintain guest relations for all venues.
- Work with manager on scheduling, training, menus and inventory control.
- Assist Culinary Services Manager and assume leadership when Manager is off-site.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Prepare and maintain schedule 3 weeks out with special attention given to holidays, black out dates, etc. Ensure employees are scheduled in the actual position they will be serving in. Communicate any shortages to the Manager 1 week prior to the date of the shortage
- Maintain employee attendance daily- record all excused, unexcused, tardiness, and no call no shows in tracking system.
- Complete Answers Center order daily and train staff on completing order and order system
- Communicate weekly all scheduled Overnight Breakfasts and type. If scheduled as AM Assistant Manager you will be expected to assist with preparation and service of the Overnight Breakfast.
- Ensure proper procedures for training and placement are followed with all staff
- Collaborate with department leadership to update the Information/Updates Board and Kudo's Board weekly
- Ensure that assigned area is staffed and that breaks are being handled by a coordinator. Ensures that area is kept clean, if no coordinator is present the responsibilities are broadened to include that which the Coordinator would handle including breaks. Ensure that lines move efficiently and that food, utensils, and condiments are well stocked.
- When assigned as a closer, (i.e. Kitchen, dining room and Outside)- focus on designated area to ensure the quality of the close
- Assistant Managers are provided with a ministry cell phone, and as such are expected to receive calls 7 days a week- 8:00 AM-10:00 PM, unless on vacation.