Hands on Assistant Manager to help develop and lead a team of food and beverage staff, cook and coordinators to deliver quality food to Ark Encounter guests. To control and manage the day-to-day running of the kitchen, ensuring that the preparation and presentation of food complies with the required standard recipes and maintain cost controls. Assist and oversee food service coordinators in their job duties. Assist the Culinary Services Manager with scheduling, inventory, and department invoicing. This position has a career path to fit your professional growth goals through managing a large staff to achieve great results by tackling challenges and having fun along the way. The Assistant Manager is also accountable for displaying our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis and the department vision of providing memorable dining experience for our guests through all venues.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- In collaboration with the Manager, develop the direction of the daily operations for all venues within the department and guide staff with the overall development of a SERVE culture.
- Supervise kitchen production and all Culinary Services Support Staff in multiple venues
- Ensure that all food is cooked and presented at a safe and appropriate temperature and maintain daily logs for all temperature recording.
- Ensure that safety and hygienic operations of the kitchen and ancillary areas are adhered to by all members of staff.
- Ensure that kitchen equipment is used correctly to ensure the safety of our employees.
- Work with the Management to ensure that the kitchen is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Work with confidence and lead by example in the production of food and kitchen management.
- Enforce kitchen, personal and food hygiene within the kitchen and ensure all areas are kept clean and orderly at all times.
- Ensure that pars are not exceeded so that wastage is kept to a minimum and staff is trained to safeguard practices of good portion control.
- Communicate with Culinary Services Manager regarding inventory to ensure correct stock is on hand and maintained through F.I.F.O. standard.
- Work with manager on scheduling, training, and inventory control.
- Assist Culinary Services Manager and assume leadership when Manager is off-site.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church.
Education & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of food preparation, quantity cooking, purchasing, and food costs.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable professional and county governmental standards and regulations on food service standards and safety.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and supervise the work of a large staff.
- HACCP certified.
- Excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, and analysis skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead in a variety of settings with a diverse team.
- Ability to keep a clear head in a fast-paced environment and reacts well under pressure in order to maintain pleasant working relationships with a diverse group of staff and museum guests.
- Able to regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Required to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, and stand for extended periods of time
Items Needed for Possible Employment
- Completion of online application
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith