Performs Set up, operation, programming of complex machined components for many different industries
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The following essential functions are the critical duties an employee must be able to perform either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation in the area of machining center and or CNC lathe:
- Ability to set up all jobs from scratch and create the set-up documentation that will allow machinist level 3 to set up the next time with all data and pictures available
- Ability to do repetitive machining work
- Run the first piece to print specification
- Diagnose problems and make adjustment
- Manually inspect the part to the inspection sheet criteria
- Ability to read blue prints to a high level and correlate that back to the inspection protocol and documentation
- Strong knowledge of GD&T tolerancing
- May run multiple machines simultaneously as a production cell
- Advanced shop math with trigonometry and geometry
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications and skills
Education:High School Diploma/ CNC technical diploma preferred
Experience:5+ years of Machining experience
Skills and competencies:Individuals should show intelligence, mechanical interest/aptitude, good math skills and most importantly willingness to learn.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs repetitively
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to walk, use foot/feet to operate machine, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach above shoulders and move from place to place. The incumbent will regularly stand, sit and talk and listen and will frequently use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- During the performance of his/her work duties, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and will frequently lift up to 25 pounds such as moving parts from material storage and moving parts in and out of work area.