The Classroom Technology Coach provides focus on professional learning, professional development, and training necessary to coach and support teachers, staff, parents, and students in the area of technology integration.
- Provide instructional technology coaching to teachers by developing and delivering professional learning, professional development, and training as needed in the area of technology integration.
- Provide training and support to parents and teachers as needed.
- Demonstrate how to use technology as a teaching tool in a variety of curricular areas.
- Provide on-going coaching and support of technology integration to drive student success
- Provide on-going information assistance to faculty in the use of computers, classroom technology equipment, and software packages utilized in classroom setting.
- Work with teachers to design engaging lessons that incorporate technology.
- Provide excellent customer service and user support for desktop and LAN-based applications.
- Assist with equipment setup, configuration, and installation as needed.
- Monitor performance of teachers to ensure they are gaining new technology skills.
- Attend Board and PTO meetings in current and surrounding districts as needed.
- Evaluate and research new technologies for education on on-going basis.
- Document integration activities in an online system.
- Provide excellent customer service.
12 months, Monday-Friday
Varies with client hours; normally one hour prior to start of school day until one hour after end of school day
- Bachelor’s degree in education; master’s preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience teaching experience in a K-12 classroom
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience integrating technology into a classroom
- Strong curriculum design and planning skills
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills will be required
- Proficiency in educational hardware and software
- Evidence of technology integration lesson plans will be required
- Strong belief that technology can be used to enhance the learning experience in the classroom
- Proven track record of early adoption of technology in the classroom
- Experience teaching middle school/high school
Active state teaching license preferred; current state required within 1 year
Platform (Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc.) Educator certification preferred
Professional Educator Certification (Google Trainer, Google Innovator, ISTE, OLC, CoSN, etc.) preferred, not required
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds