Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller/CFO
Type of position: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Employee Classification: Regular
Compensation: $18-$25/hour DOE
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closing, accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries, forecasting and budgeting. This job is located in Durango, CO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, analysis, and account reconciliations.
- Respond to information requests, review financial statements, and assist with audits.
- Perform and manage accounting activities across the organization.
- Generate reports for operational expenses and account variances.
- Adhere to accounting standards and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Perform account reconciliations on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with preparation of budgets.
- Manage accounts payable and communications with vendors.
- Manage credit card charges, collecting receipts, and entering into general ledger.