The Event Operations Coordinator will support and assist the Event Operations Manager in the successful execution of events at the Answers Center and the Creation Museum. This person also contributes to a positive guest experience for Ark Encounter guests by being knowledgeable in Ark operations and processes, and in assisting department leadership as they manage day to day operations within the Answers Center. This person is expected to demonstrate a high level of excellence in professionalism and guest services across the operation. They exemplify the qualities of a servant leader, are a positive role model to others, and humbly lead by example with a positive attitude. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Model the behavior and culture of an Ark Encounter Team Member
- Execute exceptional guest service, as outlined in all formalized department training
- Serve all departments by attending to daily operational tasks
- Attend to daily operational needs and observable service breaks, as directed by or in coordination with department managers within the Answers Center
- Maintain a safe environment for guests by ensuring walkways are clear of products, boxes, spills or any other potential tripping/slipping hazards
- Room set-up and teardown for events and programs in the Auditorium and Lower Level
- Provide guest engagement in the Lower Level Lobby
- Green Room setup
- Coordinating the loading dock
- Placement of event/program signage
- Maintain order and usage of all storage space within the Answers Center
- Provide quality control for the Answers Center in order to maintain a pleasant and professional appearance
- Reporting maintenance/housekeeping needs to appropriate persons
- Maintain thorough understanding of evacuation protocol
- Display a servant attitude at all times
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.