This position performs and documents diverse bench and floor inspections of standard or custom aircraft parts, products, and materials that are being produced in house or received from vendors. Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments. Performs, documents and reviews detailed first article and conformity inspections. May recommend, write, and review quality procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review shipping objective daily to establish inspection priorities.
2. Review aging MO list in ERP to establish additional daily priorities.
3. Detail inspection of components, subassemblies, final product, and paperwork associated with each of the inspected items.
4. Inspect incoming shipments of hardware, components, raw materials, and subassemblies per lot sampling table or ERP listed requirement.
5. Issue first pass yield findings when a part can be reworked and write MRB documents.
6. First article inspection and documentation per AS9102 and company procedures.
7. Review and approve supplier first article inspection reports.
8. Read and interpret all engineering drawings and EPS/PPP documents.
9. Check the revision of the drawings per the Engineering specification to ensure the part was produced to the right revision.
10. Proficiently use precision measuring instruments including calipers, micrometers, CMM, height gauge, pins, torque wrenches, counter sink gauges, and other instruments required.
11. Checks color, finish, dimensions, hardness, density and other measurable and observable characteristics of material as defined.
12. Proficient math skills to calculate dimensional sizes.
13. Turn in inspected parts to logistics staff and close inspection task in ERP.
14. File accurate and complete documentation of inspection results.
15. Serialize assemblies as required per the MO documentation using laser.
16. Apply stock labels for receiving inspection and after final inspection.
17. Prevent unauthorized access to inspection stamp.
18. Perform foreign object detection (FOD) activities to minimize any potential risks.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality assurance position.
• Demonstrated ability reading schematics, prints, drawings, etc for part assembly.
• Two year degree and/or quality accreditation preferred.
• Experience working with engineering, customer service, and supply chain to perform inspections in timely manner.
• Intermediate computer literacy with ERP program, Outlook, Word, Excel
• Experience in aviation or related products preferred.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometricchambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard!
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.