Cutting Edge Fabrication seeks a highly motivated individual with quality inspector expertise to guide quality control for our welding and fabrication operations. You will ensure product quality, aid in developing effective quality processes, help maintain our ISO 9001:2015 quality management system while achieving company quality objectives. Responsibilities include customer engagement, delivering the highest quality products and services, maintain quality records and documentation. This quality inspector job is an excellent opportunity for that person possessing an entrepreneurial spirit. Training in this role could transition into the quality manager position for the right candidate.
In this job you will be responsible for the following:
• Verify raw material compliance
• Engage and understand customer expectations
• Inspect welds to AWS and ASME standards
• Fabrication inspection to print specification
• Ensure the highest quality level of product and services
• Confirm product meets legal and safety standards
• Continuous production monitoring for improvement
• Aid with effective quality processes development
• Generate quality, process, and procedure documentation
• Mentor personnel as it relates to quality
• Report quality standard issues to upper management
• Contribute to ISO audits
• Assist estimating department as needed
• Other duties as required
• Familiar with AWS and ASME welding code knowledge
• Excellent math skills, including trigonometry and geometry
• Blueprint reading including GD&T
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Data analysis and statistical aptitude
• Good interpersonal skills
The employee must perform the following duties either unaided or with reasonable accommodations - sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Also, reach above shoulders, bend and twist, move from place to place, talk and listen, and frequently use hands to finger, handle, or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Cutting Edge Fabrication is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Cutting Edge Fabrication
Cutting Edge Fabrication (CEF) is an ISO 9001:2015 certified metal fabrication company specializing in welding medium to large metal structures and components. CEF fabrication services include welding, metal forming, metal bending, state-of-the-art plate cutting, laser cutting, plasma cutting, oxy-fuel cutting, shearing, high-performance production sawing, precision CNC machining, complete assembly, and quality inspection. The company has been conducting business since 1990 in Milwaukee, WI.