SIGN ON BONUS!
Responsible for the maintenance of the medical well-being of consumers.
- Responsible for ensuring proper medical treatment of consumers, with the assistance of the RN.
- Responsible to assure medical record keeping for all consumers is current and up-to-date with present medical regulations.
- Coordinates appointment scheduling with physicians and health office assistants to meet requirements for consumers
- regarding routine health care and needs.
- Participates in the education and training of staff and consumers in the areas of health and safety.
- Coordinate and implement the agency’s policies and procedures concerning contagious diseases.
- Act as a consultant for all Program Areas.
- Participate in the Individual Program Plan and team meetings in the areas of medical needs and objectives for consumer when medical condition warrants.
- Assist in pre-admission evaluation, program design and exit plans for all consumers.
- Perform Wellness coordination for applicable consumers.
- Monitor state and federal regulations to maintain compliance.
- Assist administrators in the maintenance of agency policies on issues pertaining to health and safety.
- Participate as a member of the Safety Committee
- Promote agency-wide safety and housekeeping as well as take a proactive approach to preventive maintenance and delivery of quality service.
Education and Experience:Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse and have preferred 1-year experience working in community settings utilizing community resources. Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet agency insurability requirements.
General knowledge of Windows based programs, spreadsheets, and word processing software. Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
Skills and Abilities: Adaptability and Flexibility, Teamwork, Communication (written and oral), Initiative, Judgment, Planning and Organization, Problem Solving and Leadership.
Must be able to bend, stoop, or stand for long periods of time, and as needed assist in the lifting of consumers.