Responsible for the direct oversight of the day-to-day program operations for the BGCNF program; ensuring that quality Boys & Girls Clubs programs are being run on a consistent and accurate basis in the absence of the Unit Director. Assist in the training of new staff on programming basics. Support the Unit Director in all aspects of club environment as needed. Demonstrated knowledge of BGCA is required.
1. Oversee the administration of the BGCNF programs:
- Oversee the provisions of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
- Meets bi-weekly with enrichment staff to ensure programs are being run according to lesson plans.
- Train new staff on programming basics.
2. BGCNF Program Implementation:
- Assists Unit Director with programming schedule.
- Monitors programs during Club hours when necessary.
- Meets daily with Unit Director to update and discuss Club programming.
- Any other duties as determined by the Unit Director to ensure the success of the Club’s BGCNF Program.
- Notify Unit Director of any desire/necessity to change programming due to staff absences or other foreseen obstacles.
- Collect weekly program reports/lesson plans from enrichment staff and compile monthly reports for the Unit Director.
- Assists in the productive and effective performance by all enrichment staff.
- May oversee special programs and may participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Any additional responsibilities that may be periodically assigned by the Unit Director, Area Executive Director or President.
- Communication Skills: Informing, Listening, Presenting, Writing
- Decision-making Skills: Analyzing, Fact Finding, Systemic Thinking, Judgment, Problem Solving
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience is required. Must also be certified in CPR and first aid.
A minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club Program or similar experience