The PT Teen specialist presents presentations to schools and mentoring programs. This position is responsible for building relationships with students while encouraging them to avoid at risk behavior. The candidate in this role will create unique and interactive lesson plans in accordance with the Envision curriculum requirements. Engaging teens with the tools (refusal skills, boundary setting, goals settings, through informational and entertaining methods) needed to make healthy life choices.
- Act as a role model for youth
- Contact schools and schedule classroom presentation and/or after school mentoring clubs
- Create unique and interactive lesson plans in accordance with the Envision curriculum requirements
- Place a heavy emphasis on maintaining contact and establishing an ongoing relationship with school administration
- Create visual aid and demonstration materials for Life Skills Cs such as power point presentations, appropriate teaching movie/video clips and student activities
- Maintain and use company a/v equipment such as laptop, projector, portable screen, microphone and speaker
- Coordinate and update company calendar to reflect current class schedule
- Build relationships and mentor students
- Provide teens with the tools (refusal skills, boundary setting, goals settings, through informational and entertaining methods) needed to make healthy life choices
- Maintain professional relationships with sponsors
- Print all necessary paperwork in advance. Complete and return accurate paperwork (Pre-Tests, Sign-In Sheets, Post Test, Client Satisfaction Survey, Follow Up Form, Teacher Evaluations, In-Kind)
- Attend and perform personal story in SOS health presentations (at assigned schools) as schedule permits
- Assist with administrative responsibilities for program
- Minimum of two years of related experience required.
- Leadership and public speaking experience a must.
- Must have basic knowledge of company related topics (i.e. sexual health etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software preferred.
Associate’s Degree from a two-year college or related experience or a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year University is preferred.
Public speaking skill is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office such as PowerPoint and Excel.