The Internal Communications Manager reports to the Sr. Manager Marketing Operations and is ultimately responsible for developing and sustaining an internal firmwide communication strategy. This role will work closely with the CCO and the Managing Partner, Executive Committee, and administrative chiefs to draft, review or edit internal communications and support responses to select external surveys.
This role requires a forward- and creative-thinking individual with experience in developing firm or company-wide communications plans to educate, engage, inform and energize personnel across all levels and geographic regions. This role also serves as back-up support on select external communications.
This position could work from our Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Washington DC; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; or Kansas City, MO offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ten years of communication experience with at least some of this experience at an AmLaw 200 law firm (preferred), professional services firm, or Fortune 500 company (prior experience working in a heavily matrixed environment a plus)
• Experience with video recording and editing is preferred
• Ability to integrate and work with all levels and positions within the firm
• Understanding of or intellectual curiosity to learn about the legal industry and the areas in which Lathrop GPM practices
• Creative thinker with demonstrated success in translating broad concepts and ideas into clear and logical communications across a variety of platforms
• Strong understanding of communication trends, issues, and tools
• Bachelor’s degree required
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from the Talent Management & Employee Relations Specialist will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS