Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of one or more multifamily residential buildings located throughout the Buffalo Metropolitan Area. Also, the Maintenance Technician will be expected to interact with tenants in a professional and friendly manner as a representative of Gold Wynn Residential.
Maintenance Technician Duties Include:
- Managing the assigned residential building(s) to a high standard of quality and care.
- Turning over apartment units in a timely and high-quality manner and preparing a monthly schedule to track progress and costs.
- Completing daily work orders, maintaining and updating the work order system, and making sure that there is no backlog in work orders
- Plumbing & appliance repair duties
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair duties
- A/C repair duties (with proper certification)
- Painting and carpentry work
- Other technical labor, as required
- Helping to contribute to the monthly budget set out by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Helping to schedule and supervising contracted services as needed (H.V.A.C., electrical, plumbing, elevators, boilers, snow removal, and parking structure maintenance, etc.) to ensure the quality of work.
- Maintaining supplies and equipment inventory and service/repair logs monthly to provide a record of performance.
- Overseeing necessary contractors to ready apartments for re-lease, i.e., carpet cleaning, painting, etc., within the timeframe determined by the Facilities and/or Property Manager.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with tenants, suppliers, contractors, vendors and regulatory agencies, and the Community's other staff members.
- Developing a clear understanding of site and unit layouts, property features, and areas of concern. Visiting property amenities, common areas, and vacant units regularly ensures that all comply with the highest standard of cleanliness, reliability, and safety.
- Maintaining “On Call” availability and handling property emergencies during business hours and after-hours efficiently.
- Ensuring that all facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Working closely with the Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities, and/or Property Manager on other tasks, as required, and executing assigned tasks and initiatives with accuracy, urgency, and care.