The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment, according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Develop workable and safe machine uptime solutions to eliminate downtime and promote uptime and safety.
- Passion to train others in safe equipment operation; working with front line team to maximize total safety / uptime.
- Install motors, gearbox, shafts, sprockets, conveyors, ducts, and piping as well as mechanical/electrical controls.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and repair malfunctioning components (inclusive of soldering, insulating and piping refrigeration, HVAC systems etc.
- Complete daily early morning machine set up of production equipment to safe and efficient operation for the team.
- Ability to select vendors and complete ordering of maintenance supplies including spare parts, replacement parts, consumables, and other equipment necessary for safe and efficient machine operation.
- Complete TPM basics including Cleaning, Lubrication, Inspection, Repair, and Overall as necessary per SOPs.
- Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment as documented by OEM including bearings, pumps, motors, conveyors, size reduction equipment, packaging equipment, knives, fans and remaining equipment; document all maintenance/repair actions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts and adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments using proper tools.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Controls downtime by informing management of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all CGMP, SQF and HACCP support programs;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.