The Community Health Worker (CHW) will support Vibrant Health’s efforts to ensure that COVID-19 saliva testing is distributed and utilized within Wyandotte County to vulnerable community members. This position entails being in the community on a daily basis and interacting with community members face to face as well as reaching out to others such as employers, attending larger community events and doing door to door visits to disseminate testing kits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Working with the Health Equity Taskforce testing site sub-committee, Health Department, public health officials, and community organizations to increase access and use of COVID-19 testing resources to vulnerable populations.
- Conducting outreach to convey Wyandotte County COVID-19 testing resources available to vulnerable populations.
- Conducting outreach to help vulnerable populations in utilizing COVID-19 testing resources, including assisting with paperwork/registration process, incentive distribution, and distribution of saliva tests.
- Administering saliva COVID-19 tests.
- Participating as an active member of the HETF Testing Subcommittee.
- Coordinating the distribution of the printed and digital communications materials to increase testing for vulnerable populations.
- Distributing flyers in underserved communities surrounding testing sites.
- Coordinating the delivery, storage, and distribution of any incentives used to increase testing.
- Complete all telephone and face-to-face contacts with patients in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete enrollment forms and other needed documentation and document in approved format in a timely manner.
- Ensure client’s access to interpreters as needed.
- Complete all required documentation and data tracking in a detailed and timely manner
- Attend and actively participate in all trainings and meetings as requested.
- Assist with all other duties assigned.